Sunday 5 August 2007

Keep it? Or give as a gift?

Well, I have been sewing for once. I am very happy that I have completed a project, rather than just thinking about it, and wishing it would 'make itself'.

I used one of the books that I got from Corrie and choose one of my Florence Broadhurst fabrics to make large shoulder bag. I added a little mobile pocket and another pocket on the inside (as I am always losing my mobile and keys in big bags). It took me a little time, as I was trying to 'read' the Japanese instructions (no, I don't understand any Japanese). But I finished it last night in record time (considering). I will definitely make more, as I really love the style. However, I may have to choose a different fabric, as the Florence Broadhurst fabric meant that materials alone were close to $40. Not cheap, but I love it anyway.

Not sure if I will keep it, or give it to my sister for her birthday next month...it is OK, I don't think she knows about this blog.

12 comments:

Corrie said...

oh wow I love the bag! you know if you were really adventurous you could do a little embroidery in black on the pocket! love it....make yourself another one and keep it! I have these issues about giving things away....its hard

Unknown said...

Oh Belinda I LOVE it! It is the perfect fabric and pattern combination. I am sure it wil be well loved.

Belinda said...

Thanks girls - Ingrid, I was just saying that to Alex (about the fabric/pattern combo). I was looking at other fabrics that I have and just thought, nup, the fabric just wouldn't work with the pattern. This worked well.

lolliegirl said...

It does work well. You've done a great job! I'm like Corrie, I find it awfully hard to give things away.. I say keep it and make another!

Cass said...

Belinda very nice. Love the fabric

thehummingcat said...

Love it! Fabric suits that style of bag perfectly.

Heids said...

Excellent choice of fabric to pattern - love bag, don't know how you can contemplate giving it away!

Natalie said...

I love the bag Belinda, the fabric does match the pattern perfectly. I'd suggest keeping this one for yourself and making your sister another one ;)

Anonymous said...

I love it!

Feminine without being to girly girl :-) Brilliant Job!

Kylie said...

The fabric looks great - as does the bag - I agree with Corrie - I think that the front pocket needs something!

Little Munchkins said...

I agree, keep it and make another for your sister. Do you have enough fabric for another one? Then you can both have matchy matchy bags :)

Leah said...

That's a great bag. And what your sister doesn't know won't hurt her will it? ;) Kidding....