Saturday 8 December 2007

Heaven....

I have been meaning to post about this treasure of a place for some time now, but also slightly reluctant, as I kind of don't want everyone to know about it. But since it is really only my sewing buddies reading the blog, I think I can risk it.

There is a little chocolate shop that I read about in our local paper a few months back which is just out of this world. It is set up just like a little French cafe and everything about it just works...the food, the chocolate, the music, the furnishing, the courtyard...it is all perfect.

They supply chocolates to David Jones and the cafe side of things is just an aside for them. I guess I should tell you the name now.... Blackamoor Confections

If you are ever in the area, please let me know and I will meet you there for cake and chocolate....

On Saturdays they also sell bagettes, brioche (the only brioche I have tasted outside of France that tastes 'French'), beautiful fresh flowers. I could take about this place for days. Instead I will just show you a picture of the chocolates that we took away last week (I visited with my Mum and Oma). Can you believe the noodle bowl??? The whole thing is edible and filled with Prunes and Port.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to ask such a dumb question!

Including the bowl? Wow that is amazing!!!

Belinda said...

The 'bowl' is white chocolate!!!