Tuesday 31 August 2010

My Girl is No Model

Layla follows instructions fairly well. "Can you get your shoes please" "Can you get a cup out of the drawer please, and a lid". But when it comes to modelling, forget it. She just wants to stand where SHE wants to stand, and look where SHE wants to look. Haha, she will get there.

First up is the Oliver & S free ruffle halter pattern, made using some fabric from The Fabric Store. If you live in Sydney and haven't visited here, check it out. They have a great range of fabrics (manufacturer short ends I believe) at great prices.





And next is the ModKid Kyoko pattern made up in the Swanky range by Moda fabrics.... bought from The Remnant Warehouse. Another fantastic Sydney fabric shop. I just LOVE how the dress came out. It didn't look anything special on its own, but when the obi went on, it just 'made' the dress.




My sewing room clean up is continuing, and I have a little pile of half yards, fat quarters etc. Will have a bit more of a look through the piles of fabric tonight and see if there is anything else to go into the "Giveaway' pile.

9 comments:

Meika said...

Gorgeous dress. Another pattern that I really must break out. I have too many sitting there unopened!

Little Munchkins said...

The photos turned out great, very natural and unposed. Layla is looking so cute!

I had bookmarked that O+S pattern to sew - now I definitely want to sew it. And the Kyoko dress is beautiful too, love the obi.

Lisa said...

LOVE the pink fabric you've matched on the Kyoko! Layla looks so adorable. That Oliver & S top looks gorgeous too, might have to check out that pattern for Bella for summer.

Belinda said...

Thanks girls.
Lisa - much better than the original I chose. I just picked it up from Miranda. I still used the original pink for the bindings and ties on the obi.

Andrea said...

great to see you sewing Belinda, isn't it fun to have a little girl to sew for? I just love both of the items and Layla is just so very cute.

Cass said...

Wow Belinda they both look great.

Anonymous said...

I think Layla is channeling her inner model very nicely Belinda. Both outfits look gorgeous. Renae :-)

Karen said...

Gorgeous Belinda, the little girl and the outfits!! I have only made the Kyoko as a top but want to try the dress too now - that Oliver+s top is very sweet - I can see my girls loving that too.

Little Paper Trees said...

Just found your blog, love this little dress! How great is The Fabric Store? I keep buying stashes of fabric that end up just sitting there, still trying to figure out what to make. x