Sunday 3 October 2010

Grumble, Grumble, Grumble....

I don't think I normally complain too much on this blog. But since October is a long month, I thought I should put a complaint in now, get it out of the way and move on.

My son had a dress up birthday party to go to today. It was a fairy party. He was going to be the only boy. That is not a problem, it really doesn't worry him. Of course he would need a 'new' dress up outfit, as we didn't think 'Racing car driver'/Wizard/Superman would cut it at a fairy party. So off we went to Spotlight on 'Sale Day' to look for an Elf costume. There were no Elf costumes... grumble.

We settled on a "Woody" costume..... no price attached.... full price $50, sale price $40..... grumble, grumble.

After wearing the Woody costume for half an hour, there are already snags appearing in the cheap polyester fabric...... grumble, grumble, grumble.

What have I learnt from this?? Make it yourself, lazybones. I have actually got plans to replicate this one in a much sturdier non-snagging fabric. I will take my time, and get it right. Because I am not paying $40 for rubbish in future.

Of course despite all this grumbling by me, James loves looking like Woody. And I think he looks pretty cute too.

3 comments:

Cass said...

He does look cute and sometimes it is just easier to buy it.

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

Oh go the Woody costume homemade style & return the crappy one, i'm sure they are used to many returns!! I sent my middle girl to a book week as Jessie & she won!! I even painted a staw hat red, ironed cowhide to some old jeans, & yello plaid cuffs to a cheap white top, it was really fun, plus fake red hair. Probably cost $10. It's the time honey, T I M E. Love Posie

Anonymous said...

I'm truly enjoying the design and layout of your blog. It's
a very easy on the eyes which makes it much more enjoyable for me to
come
here and visit more often. Did you hire
out a designer to create your theme?
Exceptional work!

Here is my blog ... My Site
My site :: View here