Monday 18 October 2010

Wild Weekend

So I haven't blogged for a few days.... just busy and feeling a bit blah!

The weather was wild in Sydney this weekend. James and I had to rug up as we headed into the city to see The Nutcracker on Saturday. It was performed by the Russian Ballet and as an introduction to ballet, it was brilliant. There were lots of little girls and boys there with their parents and grandparents. Of course James had a million questions about the story, so we spent the whole time whispering to each other. This outing was actually initiated by James who had been looking over his fathers shoulder as he flicked through the paper. James spotted the ad for the ballet and brought the paper in to me asking if we could go. Why not! He started dance classes last term and is really enjoying it, so I thought it might encourage him to try a bit harder with his dance practice. So far, so good.


I also went to the airport to pick up my parents on Sunday after their trip to Europe. This was their 2nd attempt at the trip, as they had booked earlier in the year but had to cancel at the last minute (as in the night before) due to the volcano activity that occurred in April, cancelling all flights to Europe. I am so pleased that they finally got a chance to go. Of course, they brought back presents, including these t-shirts for the kids. So cute!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh lucky you going to see the Nutxcracker! I tried to get tickes at the last minute but they were all sold out.
I hope you had a fabulous time.